palo santo wood, holy wood, incense, smudge stick, cleansing,clear negative energy
THIS is a 5 pack of palo santo wood wands.
HOW TO USE PALO SANTO
Burning herbs and resins (aromatic tree sap) is one of the oldest form of incense. Long before there were sticks and cones, people would add fragrant botanicals to fire to create beautiful smelling smoke to entice their deities or to please themselves. It is believed this is one of the most powerful means of working with herbs to imbue a space, an object or a person with holy qualities.
The name Palo Santo means "Holy Wood", and what a fitting name that is. The magic of Palo Santo is in the alchemical process that happens after the death of a limb or a tree. You see, in order for the Palo Santo to gain its magical and medicinal properties it must die, but not just any death only a natural death of a wise old limb or tree. The Palo Santo trees live for 80 to 90 years. After this death the tree must remain in its natural habitat for 4 to 10 years to complete its metamorphosis. Only then do its sacred, medicinal and mystical properties come alive.
Palo Santo Wood is a sacred wood that comes from the Palo Santo tree. When it is burned, the smoke is believed to have therapeutic healing power. It inspires creativity, clears negative energy and brings love and fortune. Palo Santo benefits include energetic protection, removal of bad energy, uplifting your spirits and filling your home with good fortune and luck.
Using Palo Santo is really very simple. You can use it either to clear a space of negative or unwanted energies; for meditation; or for cleansing your crystals.
Cleansing the Home
- Take one stick and light it with a candle, match or lighter.
- Allow the Palo Santo stick to burn for 30 seconds to a minute, then carefully blow it out.
- Move around the space in which you wish to clear the energy - be it your bedroom, office, car or your entire home - allowing the smoke to waft around each area.
- As you take the Palo Santo stick into the corners of each room or space you are cleansing, say aloud: "I ask that the plant spirit of Palo Santo please infuse this space with blessings".
- A rich smell will fill the air, bringing peace and clarity to the moment.
- Once you feel you have cleansed your space, place the Palo Santo stick in a fireproof bowl and allow the embers to burn out.
- Remember to always exercise care and caution when working with fire.